What are the top 10 retirement mistakes people make?
When it comes having enough money for a comfortable retirement, planning is key. It’s never too late to get your retirement plan in order.
What you need to know
Make sure you don’t make the same mistake. The top 10 retirement mistakes people make:
- Failure to seek professional advice prior to retirement
- Investing inappropriately based on lack of understanding of risk and return
- Cashing out lump sum eligible termination payments inappropriately
- Failure to save enough pre-retirement
- Leaving assets in non-income producing investments
- Timing retirement ineffectively for tax or investment purposes
- Selling investments when market falls and buying in peak
- Investing inappropriately due to lack of understanding of asset classes and suitable allocation
- Expecting to maintain similar income level post-retirement
- Assuming will qualify for Age Pension
Count on us
A Count adviser can help you:
- Plan for your retirement
- Boost your super using smart super strategies
To learn more or book an appointment, contact us.