Once again, there are few details beyond the announcement.
Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package
- Grants of $5k will be available to help take the café culture outdoors. The grants will be available to licensed and unlicensed cafés, restaurants, takeaway food businesses, pubs, taverns, bars and clubs with a payroll of less than $3 million.
- $29.5k to local councils to support the implementation of swift and streamlined permit, enforcement and monitoring processes – $500k for city and $250k for rural councils.
$100 million Melbourne city recovery fund
In partnership with the Melbourne City Council, grants will be available for businesses to move their activities outdoors to fund COVID-19 safe infrastructure and events. The Melbourne City Recovery Fund includes:
- $30 million for small to medium sized businesses to rapidly adapt their operations to be more COVID Safe and comply with health directions
- $30 million for COVID Safe events and cultural activities to attract visitors back to the central city
- $40 million on infrastructure works to support the return of people to the central city through making the city more safe, accessible and sustainable.
$3k grants for sole traders
$3k grants will be available to those that will continue to be affected by restrictions: Tenants or licensees in a commercial premises or location who will be closed, heavily restricted, or restricted under the second step of the recovery roadmap. Note that sole traders that operate from a home office or are able to reopen on 28 September 2020 are unlikely to qualify.
Approximately 33,000 sole traders are expected to qualify for grants generally in accommodation and tourism, non-permitted retail, media and film production, gyms, creative studios, outdoor entertainment, private museums and galleries, etc.